Skip to main content

This Is Africa

….a land of laborers, a land of free and ignorant immigrants a land that harbors the Dark Continent
A continent dark enough not to offer anything meaningful….this is Africa
The list is endless and claims are all but a proof of sincere jealousy
Yes the words used by the exotic races to depict ‘the dark continent’
A continent that they’ll forever yearn to continuously rule
The words are but their way of making us look ugly and have contempt for what is rightfully ours
Ours and cannot be taken by none
None for that is what culture or lack of culture means to them…..

Africa is a rich land……
Indeed the products coming out of the said continent is but priceless
And to imagine that it all ends up in their markets only for us to receive spills of their profits
And then they call it donor funding….there is nothing of the sort
The truth here is that the kind of leadership that exists in our land, practically offers the opportunity for the ever opportunistic white to swipe his ATM card into this ever flowing teller machine…..

The main flaw in our great land is ignorance
We never have the balls to express our true conscious feelings when it comes to matters governance, the few that rise to fly their whisker only do so for selfish gains
When will we ever come of age and shun this grieve undoing?
Will there ever be a time when a leader is only where he is for the people?
It does sound like a Cinderella story but it’s achievable
The first step is by looking aback and foresee the coming
Reminisce the past and dream a future for the generations to come
In a thousand years from now, none of us will be alive
What will there be to show for our existence?
What do you want the future to tell of you? What kind of story will they narrate of you at a bonfire?
Will it be the shrewd politician that ran the land dry of the little that was!
Or the crazy leader that only opened his mandibles to shout obscenities!
What is it that you want to be written in the scrolls of history and the slates of the young ones looking for a mentor only to find none!
It’s inconsequential that you live a life only to die and ‘kapish’, that’s the end
You were better unborn…..

This land needs better leaders
Not the type that bursts their bellies in layman’s sweat,
We need better preachers…that not only preach the word but practice the ways,
We need better teachers….who not only usher the brain into reality but begin at the epitome of perfection,
We need better parents…..that will not stop at the break of the cane but will continue into the mentorship of the young at heart,
This is the recipe for a people that value a gift in the name of a parcel of land and on course to make its produce even greener…..Africa, end of the letter.

Kreativ 030210

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#‎Day28_DownTheStream‬

As I move further low, Away from the source of my flow; Away from my icy form atop the clouds The path downstream, rocky and at times Extreme! Through forests, tall trees watch me go Feeding their roots with my juice of flow! Thunders strike me as the rains fall Filling my banks I overflow to destruction But the sun shines on me Makes me calm Bring me back; Back to my journey downstream! Gravity calls and so I fall; To magnificent scenes They troll to see! Power their houses or so they think Harness my volume in boxes of concrete! Am calm! Find my way out, and off I flow To your cups; and quench thy thirst! To your smoky mills; you turn me to grease! Though I never cease, to find my way Back to the stream Down I keep my flow! Despite my filth I find my calm Draw from the sun to keep me warm Downstream; I keep my flow! Met with foes across the brows; But behold, the sea unfolds Friend and foe we hold hands in awe! As the sea gates open to let me home. ©

#‎Day29_MrOracha‬

As he thundered down the hall, Calling out names from a scroll; Confusion and turmoil filled the air! Earthlings scurry away, Burying they heads in graves Of blankets and linen, they hid away! Even the light bulbs felt this tremor Blinking scared; from white light to something Nobody cared to shed a light on! Terrifying! It was a rollcall! A daily routine just before bedtime To ensure all heads are accounted for! Once a name was called out twice Kid was too scared, forgot and swallowed his tongue! I still feel a choke, with that tongue still down my throat Morning came, chow time beckons In queues we lined and in silence we observed The arrival of the one, causing all grounds to tremble! Go dress up well, he thundered at Alphonce! His dressing game was ever on the low Always picking up a fight with mister you know who! Once he sew a shirt, a cardigan and a tie as one Just so to evade a pandemonium against his foe! As we waited for our lesson on rocks to ensue

rAndoM jUly

What’s the best definition for a war. A real battle; full combat. Probably equipped with slings to bring down the biggest opponent, like the David story. No I am not about cat fights. Not the hair pulling, oh weave uprooting, it’s not about that sort of battle. Picture a struggle. Like the one we had just before 1963, oh sorry they (Mau Mau warriors) had then. About the warriors; they really did us proud, that I must say. But on the flip side, compensation. In as much as they did this great nation proud; laying their lives on the line in quest for independence and self rule. Question is, who should fund their restitution? They took up the case with The British Govt. the reality of the matter is the British were never in the country, back then, on a tour of the Mara or to visit the Coast… may be they happened to swim in the Ocean and feast on some game meat but that’s about it. They were on a mission, colonisation. Everything that happened back then, I am patriotic and love my countr